We can't let the day pass without noting the court decision in the Canadian Province of Quebec overruling the state monopoly on health insurance. For now, the ruling apparently applies only to that Province, but it's caused an immense stir. There's lots of coverage:
- ABC: Canada Court Nixes Health Insurance Ban
- Boston Globe: Court ruling expected to change Canada's health care system
- The London Free Press: Provincial government in Alberta applauds the decision
- Another story regarding the reaction in Alberta from Canada.com
- Bloomberg: Canadian Court paves way for private health insurance
Will this make it harder for the single-payer advocates to point toward Canada? More later.